The Tizard Centre at the University of Kent have developed a Massive Open Online Course on autism beginning in November.
Learning is as easy and natural as chatting with a group of friends.
Participants learn with experts who’ll share their experience through videos, articles, quizzes and discussions and meet other learners from around the world.
The course Understanding Autism has been has been co-designed with autistic people and will cover:
- What is autism… and does it exist?
- Social communication skills
- Sensory sensitivities and repetitive behaviours
- Co-occurring conditions
- Strengths and difficulties of people on the autism spectrum
- Lived experiences of people on the autism spectrum
Participants study in their own time (roughly 3 hours per week).
The course runs from 13th November 2017 for 4 weeks.
International participants are particularly welcome.
To find out more visit: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/autism#section-dates